- ACT Registration: at www.act.org
- More colleges and universities are becoming test-optional. www.fairtest.org has a searchable database of these schools. Students should also reference college websites to check the application requirements of the schools they are applying to.
- Fee waivers are available for students with financial need. Contact Ms. Denke in D House or through email email@example.com for more information.
Deciding between the SAT and ACT? The major differences between the two tests include:
Students who do better on the SAT typically:
- enjoy brain teasers or riddles
- don't have to study to pass tests
- are "street smart"
- are good at reading between the lines
- have a good eye for detail
Students who do better on the ACT typically:
- enjoy science, economics, or debate
- work hard in school to earn good grades
- are "book smart"
- are good writers
- are better at reading for general idea.
Click here for more information on SAT and ACT Comparisons.
SAT & ACT Prep Options
This information is provided only as a resource for students and parents. Norwalk High School does not promote or endorse any particular service.
- SAT Prep Math and SAT Prep English- Courses are offered as part of Norwalk High’s curriculum. These are quarter length elective classes for juniors and seniors. See Program of Studies for course descriptions.
- “Let’s Get Ready”- SAT prep for a minimal fee. Typically held from January to April in preparation for spring exams. *times subject to change. Please see your guidance counselor for more information.
- ASPIRE- ACT tutoring through partnership with Community Action Network. Requires recommendation by Guidance Department due to criteria established by foundation. Please ask your guidance counselor for more information.
- Kaplan Tutoring & Prep- offers SAT prep courses, tutoring and free events. 1-800-KAP-TEST www.kaptest.com
- C2 Education- offers both SAT and ACT prep courses. www.c2educate.com
- Princeton Review- offers SAT & ACT prep courses, tutoring & free online practice tests. 1246 Post Road East Westport, CT 06880 1-888-759-7737 www.princetonreview.com
Goals of Redesigned SAT
- More focused on the few essential things that research shows matter most for college readiness
- Assessment and instruction will work together
- Open and clear, so students and educators know what to expect
College Board: Redesigned SAT Facts
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/sat
Score Reporting List: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-VBNaP8ywZOdd6o0pt4Tohanv228GCq/view?usp=sharing
Send Your SAT Scores To Four Schools for Free